Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reflux. Clogged Tear Duct. Cold.

Well, I would post pictures today, but Spencer has definitely looked better. He's currently suffering from a clogged tear duct (which he's had since day 1), that has been exacerbated by his cold (which he managed to catch from me/Daddy). So everytime he wakes up, his right eye is caked shut. Gross! He's also had some tummy issues for a while, and they seem only to be getting worse. Lastly, he had a stuffy, runny nose all weekend and a slight cough.

With all those things going on, I decided he better see the doc today. They got him in ASAP (yay docs!).

The Verdict: his gas is actually reflux, so we now have our 5 1/2 week old baby on antacid (I swear he's not 65). We have ointment for his eye to unclog the duct. Oh yeah, and that cold? Just let it run it's course.

Supposedly by Friday this kid will be like new. No gas, tummy problems and no gross eye boogers. I will keep you posted. In the meantime, how about this cute pic from back in the day:

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Bless his little heart. I'm glad he's having the reflux tended to and the eye problem -- I thought that had cleared up. Good Mommy, keep taking such good care of my grandson. Oh, and make sure you kiss him from me and poppy.

    ReplyDelete