Friday, January 9, 2009

We are the Champions!!

Last night, me and the Bean (aka Spencer, aka Monkey) cozied up on the couch while Daddy was playing poker and watched our Florida Gators become the National Champions yet again in football. Much to the chagrin of Poppy and Grandpa Bob, Spencer learned the fight song, the alma mater, the "2" bits cheer, and the "gator bait" cheer. Oh yeah, and of course the "it's great to be a Florida Gator" cheer! I also tried explaining the game of football to him, but I couldn't come up with a reason why they have 4 chances to go 10 yards at a time. That was the minute I felt like a real mom for the first time - I just made something up.

Photobucket


Yes, Spencer looks a little scared, but I think he was just mesmerized by the fanfare that is a Gator game on the TV.

Yesterday we also attempted some tummy time, but Spencer wasn't having any of it. He wanted to nap, and by golly, nap he would.

Photobucket


I just really liked this photo because that's him in a newborn outfit - totally fitting perfectly and about to be outgrown in like, a day!

Last night was a rough night. Spencer had some major gas issues which woke him (and Mommy) up every hour. So today our plan is to just take it easy and let Mommy get some nice naps in. Hope that plan works out!

1 comment: